You are here
Prenatal / Sibling Classes
Augusta Health offers classes for every member of the family so they can learn their important role in giving birth and caring for a new baby.
Sibling Class Dates or Questions
Roxanne Harris, RN
(540) 332-4390 Staunton
(540) 932-4390 Waynesboro
Classes are held in the Augusta Community Care Building, Room 3.
Note: No classes are held in December.
Register by Phone
Contact Community Wellness:
(540) 332-4190 Staunton
(540) 932-4190 Waynesboro
Register by Mail
Print and complete our registration form and mail it along with your payment.
Preregistration and prepayment are required.
We'll send a confirmation after receiving your registration and payment. We recommend beginning classes during your seventh month of pregnancy. Class size is limited and they fill quickly, so please try to register by your fifth month.
We invite you to sign up for one or more informative class
- Childbirth Preparation Series: $100 per couple. Seven classes held each month on four consecutive Mondays, as well as the Baby Basics, Breastfeeding, and Infant CPR modules held on the days below.
During the final trimester of pregnancy, this is an ideal way for expectant mothers and their partners to prepare for the "Big Event." Classes cover signs, symptoms and stages of labor, body conditioning exercises, breathing and relaxation techniques, vaginal and cesarean births and other medical options, helpful hints for the birth coach, what to expect during recovery, and a video tour of the Birthing Suite.
- Refresher: $50 per couple). Four classes held each month on four consecutive Mondays unless otherwise scheduled. For expectant repeat parents who want a review in preparing for the new family member.
- Baby Basics: $20 per class/per couple when purchased separately. One class held monthly on the first Thursday.
Get some hands-on practice in meeting your newborn's basic needs, including feeding, diapering, bathing, safety and parenting tips. (Included in the Childbirth Preparation Series or may be taken independently.)
- Breastfeeding: $20 per class/per couple when purchased separately. One class held monthly on the second Thursday.
Breastfeeding has many benefits for mother and baby. Mothers and their partners will learn how it works and how to avoid common difficulties. (Included in the Childbirth Preparation Series or may be taken independently.)
- Infant CPR: $20 per class/per couple when purchased separately. One class held monthly on the third Wednesday.
Learn and practice infant CPR and how to help a choking baby. (Included in the Childbirth Preparation Series or may be taken independently.)
- Sibling Class: $10 for first child; $5 each additional child. Class dates to be announced.
Brothers- and sisters-to-be ages 3-8 will find reassurance of their special place in the family and help adjusting to the idea of a new baby. Contact Roxanne Harris, RN, at 540-332-4390 for dates.