You are here
Chronic Disease Self-Management
You Can! Live Well! is a series of workshops that help people with all kinds of chronic illnesses, such as asthma, arthritis, diabetes and heart disease, learn ways to self manage their condition and take charge of their life.
Topics covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments.
The workshop is an evidence based program developed by Kate Lori, Dr.P.H. and the Stanford Patient Education Research Center. People who participate in the program feel better, are less limited by their illness, and may spend less time at the doctor or in the hospital.
Contact Community Wellness for more information about our Chronic Disease Self-Management program.