You are here
Community Health Programs
Community Wellness offers health promotion services to the community at a variety of locations throughout the year. In addition, educational materials are also available to increase the public's awareness of chronic illnesses that plague our community. Knowledge and early detection of a problem are key elements to health promotion.
Health Assessment & Screenings
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Screenings
- Cholesterol/HDL and Ratio
- Cholesterol/HDL and Ratio, LDL, and Triglycerides
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Dermascan: screening for sun damage
Health Promotion Programs
Health Presentation Topics
- Biblical Twist to Health
- Why Bother: Health Risks & Benefits
- What's Stopping You? Overcoming Barriers
- Ready, Set, Change: Readiness For Change
- Small Steps of Change: Goal Setting
- Wellness Puzzle: Missing Any Pieces
Physical Wellness (Nutrition / Activity)
- Activity without Spandex
- I just ate what!: Evaluate Your Plate
- Breakfast On The Go
- Rainbow On The Go: Brown Bag Lunches
- Quick Weight Loss and Throw Away Those Diet Books: Fad Diets
- Family, Fun & Fitness
- Combating Snack Attacks: Healthy Snacks
- Helping Your Child Maintain a Healthy Weight
- What’s The Shape of Your Pyramid? Label Reading/Food Pyramid
- Portion Distortion
- Shopping on the Edge: Healthy Grocery Shopping
- Dining Out: A Guide to Menu Selection
- Do You Want Fat With That?: Healthier Fast Food Choices
Health & Safety Issues
- Splinters, Splints, Sprains: Household First Aid
- Wrinkles To Emphysema: Hazards of Tobacco
- Know Your Numbers Before Your Numbers Come Up: Heart Health
- Bone Up On Calcium: Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Reduce Your Cancer Risk
- Gain Independence From Tobacco: Smoking Cessation
- Slip, Slop, Slap and Wrap: American Cancer Society Sun Safety Tips
- Fever, Aches and Pains: When To Seek Medical Help
- Metabolic syndrome, Pre-diabetes and Diabetes: What exactly are they and how are they different?
- Immunizations: Aren’t they just kid’s stuff?
Emotional / Mental Wellness
- Am I Worth It? : Self-esteem
- Fight, Flight or Flow: Stress Management
- Laughter- The Best Medicine: Humor & Health
- Count To Ten and Breathe: Relaxation Techniques
- Deep Roots: Source of Strength
- Stress Management
CPR: American Heart Association Standards
- Heartsaver AED: This course provides hands on instruction in the use of the automated external defibrillator, along with adult and child CPR, and choking procedures.
- Adult/Child Heartsaver: This course includes CPR and choking procedures for adults and children.
- Adult, Child, and Infant Heartsaver: This course includes CPR and choking procedures for adults, children, and infants.
- Family and Friends Community CPR program: This class is intended for people with limited or no medical training who want to learn more about CPR and will receive a participation not a completion card.
First Aid: National Safety Council Standards
This class addresses pre-hospital emergency care and can be lengthened to include demonstrations and practical application of skills.
This babysitting class for adolescents 12 and older includes infant and child care: feeding, bathing and age appropriate activities. First Aid and Family and Friends CPR are also covered. Classes are offered when students are not in school: December, June and August.
A vaccine that is produced annually to provide immunity for the expected respiratory flu viruses of the year.