You are here
Live Well, With Diabetes!
Live Well, With Diabetes! is a series of workshops that help people with diabetes (or partner or caregiver) learn ways to self manage their condition and take charge of their life. This program does not conflict with or take place of your current self-management education or treatment. We encourage continued contact with your current Certified Diabetes Educator or physician.
Topics covered include:
- Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication
- Working more effectively with health care providers.
- Create weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
The workshop is an evidence based program developed by Kate Lori, Dr.P.H. and the Stanford Patient Education Research Center. People who participate in the program feel better, are less limited by their illness, and may spend less time at the doctor or in the hospital.