You are here
Email Signature Instructions
Use these instructions to setup Outlook after creating your email signature.
Your Outlook preferences and signature are only stored to the computer that you are currently using. If use multiple computers, you will need to repeat this process on each computer that you wish to send email.
These instructions were created using Outlook 2003, newer versions will be slightly different.
Basic Message Settings
We will begin by setting some basic options that will help maintain more consistency between everyone's email and make them easier to read.
- Open Outlook
- Left click on the Tools menu, select Options to display the Options window
- Select the Mail Format tab at the top of the window
- Set the "Compose message in this format" option by selecting HTML from the dropdown menu
- Set the "Use this stationery by default" option by selecting <None> from the dropdown menu
- Click the Fonts button to set message fonts that are easy to read
- Click each Choose Font button and set these options:
- Font: Arial
- Font Style: Regular
- Size: 10 or 12 depending on your preference
- Color: Auto
- In the Stationery Fonts section, select "Always use my fonts"
- Click OK to close the Fonts window
Next we will add your signature.
- Click the Signatures button in the Options window
- Click the New button
- Enter a name for your signature, using your email username is always a good idea
- Select Use this file as a template
- Click the Browse button and select the signature file that you created using the Signature Builder. If you did not change the default location or filename, it should be on your Desktop and begins with your email username.
- Click Next
- Verify that your signature looks correct in the window.
- Click Finish
- Click OK in the Create Signature window
- In the Options window, select your new signature in the dropdown menu for "Signature for new messages" and "Signature for replies and forwards"
- Click OK
You are done! Create a new message to test your signature.
If you have trouble
The signature file and the process above have been tested to work on the greatest number of Outlook configurations that we could create. If you do encounter any problems, please send us an email so we can see what is happening and find a solution. Thanks!