- Swimming uses most of the major muscle groups, and strengthens the upper and lower body.
- It is a form of meditation that helps calm nerves.
- It is an effective weight-control exercise.
- It improves cardiovascular conditioning.
- It is non-weight bearing and imposes low stress on the bones and joints.
- It burns fat, lowers cholesterol, and builds your heart and lung muscles.
Lifetime Aquatic Facilities & Services
Lifetime is proud to offer a 25 meter, 6 lane, salt water Fitness Pool for lap swimmers, Group Fitness Classes and Swim Team Practices. This pool maintains a temperature of approximately 81ºF and is perfect for more rigorous exercise.
The salt water Therapy Pool at Lifetime is shared by The Augusta Health outpatient Physical Therapy Department and the members of Lifetime. This pool is used for therapy, group fitness classes and aquatic exercise. The Therapy Pool is kept at a therapeutic temperature of approximately 90ºF.
The salt water spa at Lifetime accommodates 6 people at any given time and is maintained at approximately 101ºF. The powerful jets in our spa make it a perfect way to unwind after a workout! The spa is closed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2:00pm – 3:00pm for cleaning.
Spend some time in our steam room and feel yourself relax! Scented with eucalyptus, our steam room will help to open you up as it permeates your muscles with relaxation!