You are here
Employee Assistance Program
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a place where your whole family can turn for help when needed. We understand that there are times when everyone needs someone caring to talk with.
We have been serving all Augusta Health employees and volunteers, and their families, as well as other companies, since 1985. Our easily accessible counselors are available 24 hours a day to help with your confidential work, family, and personal problems.
Call anytime for a confidential appointment.
Why Offer an EAP?
- It shows you care about your employees
- It helps keep personal problems out of the workplace
- It helps the employee access their mental health benefits appropriately
- It helps reduce absenteeism and turnover
- It gives objective, competent choices to those seeking help
How many people really use this service?
Approximately 5 - 10% of your company's population should use the service in some capacity.
- A supervisor may call to consult on the telephone about a troubled employee
- A co-worker may recommend the service to another employee
- A family member may call on their own
The more a company believes in the service and keeps their employees reminded, the more the service will be utilized.
What types of problems are addressed?
- Marital problems
- Family problems
- Substance abuse problems
- Mental health issues
- Stress related problems
- Legal and financial problems
What about costs?
Our EAP is surprisingly affordable. Two types of contracts are available:
- Quarterly or monthly payment plans where the fee is prorated and dependent upon the number of employees.
- Hourly fee for service
National studies have shown that for every dollar spent on EAP programs, ten dollars will be saved in health related costs.
What else is included?
- On-site orientation for employees
- Supervisory training in early recognition of substance abuse and other employee problems
- EAP mailing to all employees
- Regular EAP article contributed to your company newsletter