You are here
We are committed to clinical excellence through providing patient centered, quality care for the specialized needs of the stroke patient, ensuring a better outcome for the patient.
A stroke, resulting from a lack of blood supply to the brain or bleeding in the brain, can strike a person of any age. Recognizing the signs and symptoms of stroke and seeking immediate medical care may minimize the injury to the brain and the level of disability. Some signs and symptoms of a stroke may include but are not limited to:
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one eye or both
- Sudden dizziness, loss of balance or coordination or trouble walking
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of body.
Every 45 seconds someone in our nation will have a stroke. Stroke is the 3rd leading cause of death and the #1 cause of long term disability.