Because of the concerns for our community during the outbreak of Covid-19, we are not holding childbirth classes at this time. However, we still want to be available to our families during this time, to answer questions and be a resource for the community. Please feel free to reach out to the Director of the Birthing Suite, Roxanne Harris at (540) 290-0390. Thanks.
Augusta Health offers classes for every member of the family so they can learn their important role in giving birth and caring for a new baby.
- We recommend beginning classes during your seventh month of pregnancy.
- Class size is limited and they fill quickly, so please try to register by your fifth month.
- Classes begin promptly at 7 pm and last until 9 pm.
- We will send a confirmation after receiving your registration and payment.
- Classes are held at Augusta Health in the Augusta Community Care Building, Room 3.
- No classes are held in December.
For additional information please contact Leisa Stumpf at (540) 332-4360
Childbirth Preparation Series – $100 per couple
Six classes held every other month on four consecutive Mondays, as well as Breastfeeding (Thursday), Baby Basics and CPR (following Thursday). During the final trimester of pregnancy, this is an ideal way for expectant mothers and their partners to prepare for the "Big Event." Classes cover signs, symptoms and stages of labor, body conditioning exercises, breathing and relaxation techniques, vaginal and cesarean births and other medical options, helpful hints for the birth coach, what to expect during recovery, and a tour of the Birthing Suite.
Individual Childbirth Preparation Classes
We accept Cash, Check, and Credit Card through PayPal.
Registrations are not being accepted at this time.