Augusta Health is committed to improving access to information on the price of care, helping you make the best decisions for yourself and your family. Pricing is one of many factors to consider when choosing health care.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act, Augusta Health lists its charges for patient awareness, per the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines. The pricing file gives detailed information on individual charges within our charge database, but is not intended to represent an amount that you will owe. There are a variety of ways charges will be reduced prior to generating your financial responsibility. This may include contractual arrangements between Augusta Health and your health insurance (Medicare, Medicaid, Employer Group Health Plans, Insurance Exchanges, etc.), financial assistance, and uninsured discounts. Augusta Health offers payment programs to help minimize the financial burden.
Things to know
- Prices don’t reflect final payment to Augusta Health.
- Uninsured Patients will receive a 50% discount at the time of billing, which is not represented in the pricing file.
- Most services represent a combination of items within the pricing file to arrive at the total charge for services rendered.
- Charges for services rendered vary by your healthcare condition and possible complications requiring additional services.
- Charges represent hospital charges only and do not include any related physician charges.
How can I determine what I will have to pay?
1. Contact your insurance carrier
Your insurance carrier has the most accurate and up-to-day information regarding your plan including deductible, copay, and out of pocket maximums. Here are some of the insurance carriers we work with:
2. Contact the Augusta Health Financial Advocates at (540) 332-4600
Although, the best estimate is available through your insurance carrier, we can help to provide a cost estimate.
What options are available if I can't afford to pay?
- Augusta Health provides financial assistance to those who qualify. See our financial assistance page for requirements and how to apply.
- Medicaid Expansion in Virginia provides coverage for more of the population than ever before. Visit www.coverva.org to access information related to Medicaid programs available in our state.
- Augusta Health offers several payment options. Visit our payment programs to review the options.