Hereditary Cancer Genetic and High Risk Assessment
Hereditary cancers account for 5-10% of all cancers. People with hereditary cancer risk have a much higher likelihood of developing cancer in their life. Our program provides screening, counseling, and testing to people with a strong family history of cancer, and those with certain cancer types who would benefit from testing. Our program goals are to reduce cancer incidence, prevent cancer, or find it early – when it is most treatable or curable.
Our genetics team includes an advanced practice nurse with specialty genetic training, working with your oncologist, surgeon, or family doctor. We also offer nutrition, fitness, and behavioral counseling to assist at risk people to reduce their risk in meaningful ways.
Am I or my family at risk for getting cancer?
Everyone has cancer risk, understanding your risk and taking actions to reduce your risk is at the heart of our program. You can simply complete the history survey below in the link provided. If you would benefit from official screening and counseling we will contact you.
Start Your Risk Assessment! Take the risk test
If you answer yes to any of these, complete the link below to see if you would benefit from having genetic screening:
- Were diagnosed with Cancer before the age of 50
- Have been diagnosed with HER-2 Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Have been diagnosed with Male Breast Cancer
- Have been diagnosed with more than 1 type of Cancer
- Have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer at any age
- Have been diagnosed with Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Have had 10 or more Colon Polyps in your lifetime
- Have more than 2 family members diagnosed with Cancer (Breast, Colon, Uterine, Ovarian, Pancreatic, Melanoma)
- Have anyone in your family who has tested positive for a gene mutation
If you have any questions or would like more information about Hereditary Cancer Genetics or High Risk Assessment please call us at (540) 245-7145.