Our patient-centered support staff is here to help guide you through all the challenges and burdens that come along with a life-threatening diagnosis. Our Patient Navigation, Social Work Services, Nutrition Services, and Research Offerings are second-to-none. We also have a Cancer Education Resource Center, Support Groups & Educational Offerings, Massage Therapy, Image Recovery Boutique, Chaplains, an on-site Pharmacy, and a wide range of Rehabilitative Services.
- Home Health
- Nutrition - One of the most cost-effective cancer treatments available is early nutrition intervention because some cancer treatments may cause side effects that place oncology patients at risk for malnutrition. Augusta Health's registered dietitian will provide inpatient and outpatient support through diet, medical nutritional supplements, tube feeding, and/or parental nutrition.
- Prostate Cancer: Partners in Excellence - An imaging agent combined with a CT scan can help locate and identify the extent of prostate cancer. It also helps identify previously diagnosed prostate cancer that has spread (metastasized) to other areas within the body, such as the lymph nodes, adjacent tissue and bone
- Post-Mastectomy Consultation - Designed for women who have undergone surgery due to Breast Cancer and to help in their healing process
- Shenandoah House
- Social Services - Our Social Services Department recognizes the multiple, complex needs of cancer patients, which often have social, emotional and financial aspects. Our services are available to spouses, children, siblings, parents and significant others whose lives may also be affected by the patient's cancer diagnosis and treatment. The Cancer Center has a full-time social worker to meet with patients and other individuals as needs are identified along the continuum of care. An on-call social worker is available evenings and weekends.
- Support Groups - To help you through the cancer experience, we host a number of support groups to provide help and information.
- Therapy - Therapy may be necessary to regain strength or for secondary Lymphedema after cancer treatment.