Great for use with elastic masks that hurt the ears of hospital workers
- Cut knit fabric 18 x 6 inches (for fabrics with less stretch cut 20 x 6). This can be done from a knit top or tshirt.
- Fold the long sides together (right sides together) for a 18 x 3 inch and sew 3/8 inch seam. Turn inside out.
- Center the seam and iron so seam will be on the underside of headband. Just looks nicer that way.
- Fold aligning both ends. Fold the ends together in half.
- You should have four layers of the headband folded together at the ends.
- Sew with 3/8 seam. No need to finish ends.
- Turn right side out. Your end seams will now be hidden.
- Fold headband to find front center. Measure 4 inches from center on each side and mark for button placement.
- Attach ¾" – 1" button to headband where marked.