Due to COVID-19 precautions, we have implemented a No Visitation, No Access Policy for all inpatient and outpatient areas with the following exceptions:
- Emergency Department: one support person per patient
- Pediatrics: two parents/guardians per patient
- Labor & Delivery: one coach/partner per patient
- End of Life/Hospice: one visitor at a time
- Inpatient Discharge: one support person per patient
- Outpatient Procedures: one support person per patients
- All support persons, visitors, and vendors will be screened prior to entry.
- No visitors will be allowed if they exhibit symptoms of illness such as cough or fever.
- A temperature check is part of our visitor screening procedure. Individuals with a temperature of 100°F or greater will not be allowed in the building.
- Children under the age of 16 are only allowed if needing care.
- All support persons and visitors are encouraged to wait in their vehicles if possible during patient procedures, and will be contacted for patient pick-up at time of discharge.
- From 8pm–6am the Emergency Department is the only public entrance to Augusta Health.
Impact on Interpreters on Campus
Augusta Health's No Visitation/No Access Policy in response to the COVID-19 outbreak impacts all inpatient and outpatient areas. We need to restrict the building access of all interpreters with the exception of low vision and tactile interpreters. Decisions on other exceptions will be made on a limited case by case basis.
We will use Video Remote Interpreting and Over the Phone Interpreting as needed in order to keep all patients safe and well. We thank you for your cooperation during this time.
Know Someone in the Hospital?
A hospital stay can be a trying time for any patient but your kind thoughts, prayers, and words of encouragement can be helpful to the healing process.
Send a free greeting to a friend or family member who is a patient at Augusta Health.