While the most important priority for our community is to stay home and practice social distancing, many people are still looking for ways they can help. To ensure the safety of those donating supplies, our caregivers and patients, Augusta Health Foundation is coordinating these donations. Here are some of the ways you can help your local hospital and the community:
- Masks: N95, surgical, medical, dust masks, or hand-sewn masks
- Face shields
- Gloves: non-latex
How to make a donation
- Drop off: Please take items needed to the white panel donation truck, parked in front of the Business Office, which is located in the back of the hospital, across from the loading dock.
- The truck will be available seven days a week from 7am—4 pm.
- Please complete the donation form and include it in the bag/box with your donation.
- To make a financial contribution: Please Give Online or send to the Augusta Health Foundation at: PO Box 1000, Fishersville, VA 22939
- Cloth Mask Pattern: We still need masks made from cotton fabric for use by caregivers, staff, and patients. We want all Augusta Health personnel and patients to be safe and protected during this time!
- Headband with buttons: Masks can hook over the buttons to relieve stress on the ears.
Do you have a 3D printer?
- Surgical mask tension release band: The National Institute for Health has approved a tension release band for use by healthcare employees. It helps by relieving pressure on the ears, when a mask is work for extended periods of time.