Email Signature Instructions
Use these instructions to setup Outlook after creating your email signature.
Your Outlook preferences and signature are only stored to the computer that you are currently using. If use multiple computers, you will need to repeat this process on each computer that you wish to send email.
These instructions were created using Outlook 2010, other versions will be slightly different.
Setup Your Email Signature
- Click the File tab at the top of the Outlook window.
- Select Options.
- Select Mail.
- Click the Signatures button under "Create of modify signatures for messages."
- Click the New button and give your signature a name.
- Go to your Desktop (or where you saved the signature file) and open it. It should automatically open in a browser. It is suggested to use Chrome since it will copy styles better than Internet Explorer.
- Highlight your signature in the browser window and right click to Copy or use Ctrl+C.
- Go back to your Outlook window and Paste your signature into the "Edit Signature box.
- On the top-right side of the window there is a "Choose default signature" section. Select your new signature for new messages and replies/forwards.
- Click OK, you are done!
Create a new message to test your signature.
If you do encounter any problems, please bmcgill [at] augustahealth.com (subject: Email Signature) (send us an email) so we can see what is happening and find a solution. Thanks!