Annual Diabetes Day
Learn about local resources to help you manage your diabetes—food, medications, and insurance.
November is National Diabetes Month! In honor of this, we would love for you to join us for our FIRST Facebook Live Diabetes Education Event!
We will have several speaker covering important diabetes management-related topics including:
- Access to Food and Healthy, Budget-Friendly Meal Ideas: Augusta Health Community Outreach and Diabetes Education Team Members
- Medication Assistance: Cindy Sheets, Medication Assistance Coordinator
- Medicare and Medicaid Assistance: Amy Adkins, VICAP Program Coordinator with VPAS
How to Join
Tune in to the Facebook live using this link: http://bit.ly/DiabetesDay2020. Type or copy the link into your browser and it will take you to the live event; you do not have to be a Facebook user to access this.
Sign up for a raffle slot by calling the Community Outreach Department at (540) 245-7910
- Leave your name and number and you will be added to the list
- Tune in to the Facebook Live to find if you are one of the three winners
- Prize winners will be called after each discussion topic
Possible door prizes include: Fit Bit Versa 3, Basket filled with tools for healthy meal preparation and more!
Reasonable accommodations are provided upon request. Please provide two weeks’ notice when requesting an interpreter.