In partnership with the Central Shenandoah Health District (CSHD), Augusta Health continues community vaccinations for COVID-19.
Current Vaccination Dose Count at Augusta Health:
- Doses given on Wednesday, April 14 2021: 1,091
- Total doses given at Augusta Health Vaccination Clinics: 58,529
- Community member fully-vaccinated at AH Vaccination Clinics: 26,859
Large on-campus Vaccination Clinics
All clinics still require appointments.
Go vaccinate.augustahealth.com to view the links and schedule an appointment. Information about new clinics, the links and the criteria for each link, are posted as available.
Not everyone has access to the internet. Those who need assistance to schedule should call Augusta Health’s Vaccination Call Center at (540) 332-5122. The Call Center is staffed Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm to answer questions and help to schedule vaccination appointments.
Augusta Health is currently vaccinating everyone age 16 and older who lives or works in the Central Shenandoah Health District.
The Central Shenandoah Health District includes Augusta, Bath, Highland, Rockbridge and Rockingham counties as well as the cities of Staunton, Waynesboro, Lexington, Buena Vista and Harrisonburg.
Reminders about Vaccinations for Those under the Age of 18
- The only vaccine approved for those under the age of 18 is the Pfizer vaccine. Before scheduling someone under the age of 18, please confirm the vaccine in the clinic link. Those who are under 18 cannot be vaccinated at non-Pfizer clinics.
- A parent or legal guardian who can consent to the administration of vaccine to a minor must be present at the time a vaccination. Handwritten notes and phone calls are not sufficient for permission to vaccinate. The parent or legal guardian must be present.
This week, Augusta Health held another clinic on Monday, April 12 for the Spanish-speaking community with interpreters on-site. A community-based clinic at Disciples Kitchen in Waynesboro was held on April 15.
In the next few weeks, community-based Moderna vaccine clinics are scheduled in these communities:
Tuesday, April 27 from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Glasgow/Natural Bridge
Thursday, April 29 from 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Natural Bridge Firehouse
Call the Vaccination Call Center at (540) 332-5122 to register for either of these events.
These are Moderna Vaccination Clinics, so participants must be age 18 or older.
Need for Volunteers
As vaccine supply increases and the number of Vaccination Clinics scheduled can also increase, there is a significant need for additional volunteers to staff the events. Each large clinic requires 50 to 60 staff, and our community volunteers make the clinics possible. More are needed, though—both medical and non-medical.
To volunteer, email CovidStaffing [at] augustahealth.com
We appreciate our continued partnership with CSHD as we work together as quickly as possible to provide vaccines to all in the community who need them.