In partnership with the Central Shenandoah Health District (CSHD), Augusta Health continues community vaccinations for COVID-19.
As of the end of the day on February 16, a grand total of 18,040 vaccinations had been administered by Augusta Health since the start of vaccinations in December. On Tuesday, 959 community members received either a first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine at Augusta Health – and on Wednesday, more than 1300 doses are scheduled across first and second dose clinics, and at an off-site clinic at Springdale Apartments.
The registration process has changed for members of our community since the last update:
HOW TO REGISTER FOR YOUR SHOT
The Virginia Department of Health's new vaccine registration site is now live: vaccinate.virginia.gov
All Virginians should use this central site to sign up for COVID-19 vaccinations. Some important points of note:
- If you already registered at the Central Shenandoah Health District website, you do not need to register again. Your information has been migrated to the new registration site, and you will still maintain your place in line. You can confirm you are registered by going to the website and clicking on 'Check the List'.
- If you are already registered, you'll get a message that reads 'The user is registered'. However, the site does not provide information on where you are on the list.
- Anyone – regardless of eligibility category – can now register; you do not have to be a certain age or an essential worker. However, vaccines will still be given in phases by priority group. If you are not included in the current phase, you will be included at a later date.
- Registration is not an appointment for vaccination. Registration provides your contact information so you can be reached to schedule an appointment when one is available for you.
NEW CALL CENTER FOR VACCINE INFORMATION
The Virginia Department of Health has opened a new Call Center to serve all residents.
- The phone number is 1-877-VAX-IN-VA (1-(877) 829-4682)
- The Call Center is open seven days a week from 8 am – 8 pm
Appointments are required for vaccination, and walk-in clinics are not currently scheduled. Please continue to exercise patience as vaccine supplies will remain limited for the next several weeks.
We appreciate our continued partnership with CSHD as we work together as quickly as possible to provide vaccines to all in the community who need them.