In partnership with the Central Shenandoah Health District (CSHD), Augusta Health continues community vaccinations for COVID-19.
Current Vaccination Dose Count at Augusta Health:
Doses given on March 9, 2021: 1,083
Total doses given at Augusta Health Vaccination Clinics: 33,236
As we receive direction from the CSHD, vaccination criteria are changed. Links are updated daily to reflect those changes.
Beginning with the clinic on Thursday, March 11, age criteria for those with underlying medical conditions will lower to age 45-64 with underlying medical conditions.
Currently, Augusta Health's clinics are open to Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro residents over age 65 and those age 45-64 with underlying health conditions.
The new scheduling process allows residents to schedule appointments directly from updated Vaccination Portal. Information about new clinics, along with their criteria, are posted daily.
The Virginia Department of Health list of underlying health conditions that increase risk of severe illness from the COVID-19 virus includes:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from blood or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Overweight (BMI > 25 kg/m2, but < 30 kg/m2)
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
We appreciate our continued partnership with CSHD as we work together as quickly as possible to provide vaccines to all in the community who need them.