In partnership with the Central Shenandoah Health District (CSHD), Augusta Health continues community vaccinations for COVID-19.
Current Vaccination Dose Count at Augusta Health:
- Doses given on Tuesday, March 30, 2021: 1,224
- Total doses given at Augusta Health Vaccination Clinics: 47,168
Through March 30, 21,492 Central Shenandoah Health District residents have been fully vaccinated at clinics provided by Augusta Health.
Augusta Health’s large community Vaccination Clinics will continue this week through Thursday, and then will take a brief pause for the holiday weekend. Next week will be a full week of clinics.
All clinics still require appointments.
Go vaccinate.augustahealth.com to view the links and schedule an appointment. Information about new clinics, the links and the criteria for each link, are posted as available.
Augusta Health is currently vaccinating residents of the Central Shenandoah Health District who are:
- 16-64 years of age with chronic health conditions
- 65 years of age and older
- Healthcare workers
- All essential workers
The Central Shenandoah Health District includes Augusta, Bath, Highland, Rockbridge and Rockingham counties as well as the cities of Staunton, Waynesboro, Lexington, Buena Vista and Harrisonburg.
A Reminder about Vaccinations for Those under the Age of 18
As criteria expands to minor children under the age of 18, please be aware:
- The only vaccine approved for those under the age of 18 is the Pfizer vaccine. Before scheduling someone under the age of 18, please confirm the vaccine in the clinic link. Those who are under 18 cannot be vaccinated at non-Pfizer clinics.
- A parent or legal guardian who can consent to the administration of vaccine to a minor must be present at the time a vaccination. Handwritten notes and phone calls are not sufficient for permission to vaccinate. The parent or legal guardian must be present.
Need for Volunteers
As vaccine supply increases and the number of Vaccination Clinics scheduled can also increase, there is a significant need for additional volunteers to staff the events. Each large clinic requires 50 to 60 staff, and our community volunteers make the clinics possible. More are needed, though—both medical and non-medical.
To volunteer, email CovidStaffing [at] augustahealth.com
We appreciate our continued partnership with CSHD as we work together as quickly as possible to provide vaccines to all in the community who need them.