Augusta Health Employees Earn Certifications in Areas of Expertise
During the third quarter, eight Augusta Health employees earned national certifications in their areas of expertise. These certifications require demonstration of extensive knowledge in a subject area, usually by examination.
"We're always impressed with how many Augusta Health employees pursue a national certification. These certifications are not easy to earn and represent a significant investment of personal time for each employee. The credentials these people have earned are evidence of a high level of knowledge and professional skill, and a desire for excellence. This translates to improved quality and service to our patients and community", says Mary N. Mannix, FACHE, President and CEO of Augusta Health.
Augusta Health employees earning advanced national certifications in the third quarter of 2011 are:
- Stephanie Brooks, Obstetrics, National Certification for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing (RNC-OB)
- Sabine Dukes, Critical Care Unit, Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN)
- Dylan Fix, Obstetrics, National Certification for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing (RNC-OB)
- Diane Hall, Obstetrics, National Certification for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing (RNC-OB)
- Mark Harris, Transportation Services, Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate (EMT-I)
- Michelle Sprouse, Obstetrics, National Certification for Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing (RNC-OB)
- India Sutton, Operating Room, Certified Surgical Technician (CST)
- Pamela Tetro, Nursing Administration, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Augusta Health is an independent, nonprofit community hospital with a mission to promote the health and well-being of our community through access to excellent care. In 2011, Augusta Health is the only hospital in Virginia to be recognized as a 100 Top Hospital by Thomson Reuters, receive both the Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence and Patient Safety Awards from HealthGrades, and be named a finalist for the Foster G. McGaw Prize from the American Hospital Association for community service. For more information about Augusta Health, its programs or its services, please contact Public Relations at (540) 245-7329 or visit the Augusta Health website.