COVID-19 Update: Elective Imaging Exams, Call Center, Donations
We are urging the community to stay home, as recommended by the Governor.
This is the most important way for us to help ensure we will have the beds, ventilators, masks, tests, and supplies necessary to meet the needs of our valued community. This is a real and direct way people can contribute and help reduce the impact of COVID-19 in our community.
Today's Blog by Augusta Health experts
We're all concerned about germs and the spread of viruses today—so it's important to ask, "What's the difference between cleaning a surface and disinfecting it?"
Elective Imaging Exams Update
Augusta Health is now postponing Elective Imaging exams. Those patients affected by the postponements will be contacted for rescheduling.
- Elective imaging will be postponed to mid-May.
- Time-sensitive imaging, where there is potential for an unfavorable outcome if delayed longer than 4-6 weeks, will be evaluated for postponement.
- Critical Imaging will not be postponed.
Call Center Update
Our COVID Care Call Center continues to experience high volumes.
We've had 306 calls. There were no significant changes in the breakdown of the reasons for calls. Disposition was:
- 24.9% required referral to the Assessment Center for screening, an increase of 1.5% from yesterday
- 25.9% screened negative, but were referred for evaluation by a PCP for symptoms not consistent with COVID-19
Call the Augusta Health COVID Care Call Center to discuss your concerns with a nurse: (540) 332-5122. Available seven days a week from 8 am – 4:30 pm.
Donations from the Community Update!
The community has been incredibly generous to Augusta Health. We have received phone calls and emails from pastors, church sewing groups, local employers and businesses, dentist offices, residents, nonprofit organizations, and others offering to provide needed supplies, personal protective equipment, and food for our staff. Augusta Health team members are most grateful for this support and overwhelmed by this outreach.
Supplies that could be needed as the incidence of COVID-19 within the community increases:
- Masks: N95, dust masks, medical face masks and surgical masks, as well as those handmade by our community). A face mask pattern may be found here: https://patchworkplus-quilting.com/facemasks
- Hand sanitizer: Ecolab Nourishing Foam is preferred, but other brands/types appreciated
- Hand soap: Scott Antimicrobial Foam Skin Cleanser is preferred, but other brands/types appreciated
- Disposable gloves: non-latex.
Please call or email the Augusta Health Foundation BEFORE coming to Augusta Health if you or your business have these supplies on hand and are willing to donate them to support Augusta Health. The Foundation's Office can be reached at: (540) 332-5174 or ahfoundation [at] augustahealth.com. Thank you!