Walk with a Doc! Next Walk: June 17th at the Greenway in Waynesboro
A gorgeous spring morning welcomed the walkers at Gypsy Hill Park on Saturday, June 10th for Walk with a Doc! The walk was facilitated by Julie Plumbley, MD, a pathologist at Augusta Health.
Physician Assistant students from Murphy Deming School of Health Sciences provided the walkers with information about how walking can improve sleep:
- Walking provides longer and sounder sleep
- The more you sleep, the more exercise your body can handle.
- Walking helps reduce stress
- Walking will increase your body temperature. Once your body temperature begins to decrease, it will make you feel sleepy.
- Walking helps increase energy
- Walking improves your overall quality of life
Join us for our next Walk with a Doc! on Saturday, June 17th at 8:30 with Dr. David Rylak. We will meet at the Dominion Shelter at Constitution Park in Waynesboro.