Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Policy
Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Requirements and Nondiscrimination Statement: Discrimination is Against the Law
Augusta Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Augusta Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as: Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as: Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact Beth Chadwell, Director of Risk Management/Civil Rights Coordinator:
(540) 245-7319, (540) 332-4848, or bchadwell@augustahealthcom
If you believe that Augusta Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Beth Chadwell, Director of Risk Management/ Civil Rights Coordinator, 78 Medical Center Drive, Fishersville, VA 22939, (540) 245-7319, (540) 332-4848, bchadwell@augustahealthcom. You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Beth Chadwell, Director of Risk Management/ Civil Rights Coordinator is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building Washington, D.C. 20201 (800) 368-1019, (800) 537-7697 (TDD) Complaint forms are available at https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/filing-with-ocr/index.html.