Languages: English, Farsi
Why did you choose your specialty area?
Saving lives and helping others. I feel so lucky to be doing what I do everyday. Watching a patient walk out of the hospital after a cardiac arrest or a heart attack has been the greatest joy of my career. I also have a passion in treating patients with valvular heart disease, our field has made tremendous strides in recent years offering patients with aortic valve and mitral valve disease percutaneous and less invasive options. I also have expertise in treating patients with critical limb ischemia and saving patients from amputation.
How do you spend your spare time?
Spending time with my family, traveling, and playing tennis
#1 health tip that you can offer:
Be happy and cherish life. If you find this internal happiness, you will also feel the responsibility to protect your body to be able to enjoy it.
|Medical School||Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran|
|Residency||University of Florida, Gainesville, FL|
|Fellowship||University of Florida, Gainesville, FL|
- Board Certified in Cardiovascular Medicine, Internal Medicine, Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Cardiac Computed Tomography
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American College of Cardiology
- American Society of Echocardiography
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Medical School Valedictorian (2008)
- First Place Poster Presentation at the Florida Chapter of the American College of Cardiology (2013)
- First Place Oral Presentation Young Investigator Award at the Florida Chapter of the American College of Cardiology, Orlando, FL (2014)
- Most Outstanding Fellow Award at the North Florida/South Georgia VA Hospital, Gainesville, FL (2016)
- VIVA meeting Face-off Competition and Travel Award (2018)
While every attempt is made to ensure this information is up to date, please check with this office for current insurance plan participation.
- America’s Choice Provider Network (ACPN)
- Anabaptist Healthshare
- Anthem BCBS
- Magellan Complete Care
- Molina Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Sentara Optima
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- VA Choice
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Premier