Why did you choose your specialty area?
Primary Care is a rewarding and challenging practice. It is always humbling to be trusted by a patient with deeply personal information, and then an honor to walk alongside a patient through difficult as well as happier, healthier times.
How do you spend your spare time?
Walking, swimming, knitting, keeping up with husband, grown children, and grandchild.
#1 health tip that you can offer:
Choose joy. Laugh often. Don’t worry about what you cannot change. Trust god.
|Undergraduate School||University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign|
|Medical School||University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago|
|Fellowship||Chief Residency, Evanston Hospital|
- Multiple teaching awards - LUCOM (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- "Hometown Hero" Award - Lynchburg (3/2020)
- Anne H. Bishop Award - Free Clinic (6/2019)
- Ronnie B. Martin Award - LUCOM (2018)
- Golden Apple Teaching Award - Evanston Hospital (2004)
While every attempt is made to ensure this information is up to date, please check with this office for current insurance plan participation.
- America’s Choice Provider Network
- Anabaptist Healthshare
- Anthem BCBS
- Magellan Complete Care
- Molina Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Sentara Optima
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- VA Choice
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Premier