Treatment and the Goal for Stroke Care
The goal for Stroke Care is for the patient to regain as much independence as possible. Patients need lots of support, understanding and encouragement to continue through the recovery process.
During a stroke and the early recovery process, the patient may experience one or more of the following:
- Paralysis on one side of the body
- Loss of communication
- Inability to feel hot or cold
- Impaired judgment
- Less energy, tiring easily
Our neurodiagnostic services include:
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) - diagnostic brain wave activity.
- Electromyogram (EMG) - diagnostic study of muscles and nerves.
- Evoked Potentials (EP) - diagnostic study of the nervous system's response to external stimulation.