Inpatient Speech Therapy
Augusta Health's Speech Pathology Department offers an array of individualized diagnostic and treatment programs for children and adults. Inpatient assessment and treatment is provided on our Acute Care, Skilled Nursing, and Neurological Rehabilitation Units.
Services for Children
- Acquired or developmental language disorder diagnostic evaluation and treatment
- Acquired or development speech disorder evaluation and treatment
- Help for impaired cognitive functions due to neurological injuries
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment for difficulties in feeding and/or swallowing
Services for Adults
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment for difficulties with language as the result of a neurological injury
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment when speech quality has been affected by a neurological injury
- Help for impaired cognitive functions due to neurological injury
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of swallowing difficulties
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of functional or physiologic voice disorders
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of stuttering
Our Speech-Language Pathologists are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia's Department of Health Professions and Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, as well as certified members of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).