Share our view from the valley.
One of the most challenging steps in your career is the transition from nursing student to professional nurse. At Augusta Health, we provide the support you need to feel comfortable and confident in your role.
Our Nursing Residency Program is designed for new graduates, to facilitate the transition from a novice nurse in the classroom to the clinical environment. The program includes collaboration with a unit specific preceptor, an Augusta Health RN mentor, and clinical nurse educators. A lecture series with Clinical Educators gives you a chance to discuss and problem solve issues related to new graduate reality shock, reflect on their nursing role, and explore integration into the workforce.
After completion, a new graduate nurse will be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical competency as a registered nurse appropriate to their experience level
- Demonstrate a logical critical thinking process for clinical situations
- Organize workload and utilize time management techniques in the work setting
- Develop and demonstrate customer service skills
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate care for a group of patients
- Demonstrate effective patient and family teaching
- Identify patient needs and make appropriate referrals to hospital and community resources
- Assume responsibility for own learning outcomes
Residency Placements are available in:
- Operating Room
- Progressive Care
- Intensive Care
- Emergency Department
- Maternal Child
Applicants will be interviewed to determine areas of interest. Job offers will be made in conjunction with Nursing Leadership for the appropriate job placement.