Community Partnership Funding
Augusta Health's mission—to promote the health and well-being of our community through access to excellent care—is one that requires collaboration and partnership.
We realize a healthy community results from the efforts of many organizations with harmonious missions, and through our funding, provide collaborative support to these agencies.
Since 2002, Augusta Health has awarded more than $1 million in funding to local schools and organizations.
Dear Community Partner,
Augusta Health will offer funding opportunities for projects and programs focused on three priority areas of need identified in the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA). Augusta Health's Board of Directors and its Community Partnership Committee oversees the funding process and approves funding recommendations as part of its overall focus on community health improvement.
Project and programs with intended outcomes in the following three areas will be considered:
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Behavioral Health
- Substance Abuse
In addition to serving the residents of Staunton, Augusta County and Waynesboro and the surrounding area, organizations eligible for community health improvement funding, must have a:
- Demonstrated core competency in the three priority areas of focus listed above
- Program or project that is ready for implementation in January 2017, and includes an evaluation method for measurable, predicted outcomes demonstrating program/project effectiveness; funds awarded must be spent in Calendar Year 2017
- Track record of consistent, demonstrated outcomes following project implementation
- Designation as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, or serve as a public agency
**High Priority will be given to collaborative projects involving multiple organizations and intended to make a significant impact on the area of identified need. Report on use of grant dollars is required by September 30, 2017.
Applications are available through Common Grant Application and must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday, October 14, 2016.
For technical questions about the submission, please contact Rhonda Clifton at (540) 332-4190 or rclifton [at] augustahealth.com.
Funding decisions will be announced on Friday, December 9, 2016.
We look forward to working with all of you this year to improve the health of our community.
Burnie Powers, Co-Chair
Arona Richard, Co-Chair
Community Partnership Committee