Emotional and substance abuse problems deserve the same attention as other health problems. They are treatable illnesses. Treatment means less suffering for individuals and their loved ones, less disruption in family life and the workplace.
Augusta Behavioral Health is pleased to offer Telehealth Counseling
Although Covid-19 brought about the need to make distance therapy available immediately, we intend to continue this as a regular service even after the need for distancing is gone. For now face-to-face counseling is suspended.
Augusta Behavioral Health will conduct telehealth appointments using Doxy.me, a confidential and HIPPA-compliant platform. Doxy.Me will allow you to have your telehealth audio-visual counseling appointments via cell phone, I-Pad, laptop, or desktop computer.
If you would like a telehealth counseling appointment for Behavioral Health and/or Substance Abuse Services, please call us at (540) 213-2525. We are open Monday–Thursday 8am–5pm and Friday 9am–2pm.
We are accepting clients from middle school age to geriatric. Our helpful staff is waiting to answer your questions and get you started toward better health today!
Behavioral Health offers programs and treatment for:
- Depression - it is characterized by ongoing feelings of sadness or Irritability, loss of energy, interests and sleep, appetite problems and thoughts of wanting to die.
- Alcohol and other drug abuse (Outpatient Services)
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety/panic - intense worry, tension or jitteriness and panic attacks.
- Personality disorders
- Schizoaffective and related disorders
We provide outpatient assessment to those with depression, anxiety, chemical dependency, and other symptoms. Our professional staff offers outpatient individual and group therapy to adults.
Our Treatment Options
- Inpatient Psychiatric Treatment (Crossroads) - Provides a short-term psychiatric stabilization program. Services are specifically designed to meet the needs of adults and geriatric patients. All care is provided in a supportive environment with 24-hour nursing care to help ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Traditional Outpatient Services - Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, and a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor assess and treat adults. We offer individual and group therapy, as well as substance abuse education.