Nurse & Caregiver Recognition
Recognizing our staff highlights the outstanding work we strive for every day while caring for our community.
DAISY Award honorees personify Augusta Health's remarkable patient experience. These registered nurses consistently demonstrate excellence through their clinical expertise and extraordinary compassionate care, and they are recognized as outstanding role models in our nursing community.
The DAISY Award is an international program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by registered nurses every day.
A Daisy Award nurse consistently meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrates extraordinary care to patients and families
- Aware that the "little things" make a big difference
- Establishes or makes a connection by building a relationship with patient and/or family
- Pays close attention to the emotional and physiological needs of the patient and/ or family
- Takes "time" with patient and/or family, making each person a priority
- Acts based on clinical decision making skills in addition to the art of compassion
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision, and standards/values of Augusta Health
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians, volunteers, or employees may nominate a deserving nurse for the DAISY Award.
Every DAISY has petals extending from its core that make it a perfect flower. The PETALS (Professional Extraordinaire That Always Lends Support) Award is administered by the Division of Nursing to thank those who partner with nurses in caring for our patients and families. It identifies employees who serve as models to the community for professional achievement, performance, dedication, and diligence in carrying out their duties and in advancing the goals and mission of the Nursing Division.
The PETAL award is given monthly to a Nursing Support partner (PCT, CNA, EMT, MHW) who exemplifies extraordinary service in the performance of their job. The PETAL award was established for patient care technicians to align with the DAISY award for nursing staff. Our programs to work hand-in-hand, as we know the overall success of our Hospital and award winning care of our patients, rests in the hands of each of our employees within the Nursing division.
Recipients are selected by members of the Patient Care Tech Advisory Council. Please help Augusta Health Nursing recognize these individuals for the outstanding and compassionate care they deliver every day by nominating them for a PETALS Award.
Nominations for extraordinary performance can be made by patients, visitors, vendors, co-workers or a member of the leadership team. Selection criteria is based on more than an employee doing the essential functions of their job—it is going above and beyond the call of duty and being exemplary in their performance.
- How did this employee impact your stay, visit, work at the hospital?
- Describe a situation where the employee went above and beyond the normal scope of their position.
- Share an example where the employee provided exemplary service.