Adult Neuro Program
The Augusta Health Adult Neuro Program is an outpatient clinic that specializes in treating neurological deficits caused by a variety of factors. We offer Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Recreational Therapy and Social Work.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Tumors
- Balance disorders
Why should I come to the Augusta Health Neuro Program?
At Augusta Health, our goal is to help you or your loved one maximize your quality of life through a comprehensive team approach. Each discipline works together in one centralized area to ensure that your experience is personalized. We take pride in implementing a treatment plan that is unique to each client.
We are dedicated to making sure that the customized program created for you or your loved one goes beyond a traditional rehab experience. This means that your recovery doesn't stop after therapy is completed. Each participant is offered the opportunity to transition into an individualized fitness program, one option being the Augusta Health Fitness Center on our campus. Our professional staff can also provide education regarding community resources that may benefit you.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Team based treatments that focus on your personal goals
- Family education
- Comprehensive cognitive assessments
- FEES/MBS and Dysphagia Therapy
- Specialized seating, w/c and equipment evaluations
- Aquatic Therapy available
- Vision assessments
- State of the art equipment including the WalkAide (functional electrical stimulation) to improve foot drop and the Biodex unweighing system for gait and balance impairments
- LSVT LOUD and LSVT BIG program
- Integration into a wellness program once therapy is completed
- Support groups for you or your loved ones
- Services provided for Medi-care/Medicaid and most major private insurances
How do I get started?
In order to begin treatment in the Augusta Health Adult Neuro Program, you will need your physician to write a prescription for therapy. Once you have this, call our receptionist to schedule your appointment.
We strive to make your experience at Augusta Health stress-free, convenient, and easily accessible. If you need appointment times with multiple disciplines, we will make it a priority to schedule appointments on the same day reducing the number of trips you make to the hospital each week.
Need more information? Call us at (540) 332-4010
We are located on the Ground floor of the main hospital building, across from the elevators.