The Auxiliary of Augusta Health Thrift Shop is operated by the Auxiliary and volunteers to support Augusta Health by providing community service, goodwill, and financial contributions.
The Augusta Health Thrift Shop opened in February 1956 under the name of Kings Daughters' Hospital Auxiliary. Three Auxiliaries worked in the shop at 22 Lawyers Row in downtown Staunton and a fourth Auxiliary worked out of Kings Daughter's Hospital. In April 1977 the shop moved to its current location at 18 S New Street. Their motto then was "Help Us While You Help Yourself." When Augusta Health Care was formed in 1992, these four Auxiliaries combined into one.
Merchandise & Donations
We sell gently used clothing for adults and children, toys, furniture, household goods, jewelry, books, artwork, and seasonal items. Donations of clean and salable items can be made during store hours. We cannot accept electronics, large appliances, large furniture pieces, bedding, or perishable goods.
Volunteers are always needed for flexible hours and shifts. Contact us for more info at (540) 886-1110.