The Women's Imaging Center at Augusta Health is the area's provider of Digital Mammography. Digital Mammography greatly enhances our ability to detect breast cancer at earlier stages.
The advanced capabilities of digital mammography offer physicians an array of new powerful viewing options. Digital mammography uses computers and specially designed digital detectors to produce an image that can be displayed on a high resolution computer monitor, and transmitted and stored just like computer files.
Digital mammography offers a number of practical advantages and patient conveniences. One of the primary benefits is the ability of the radiologist to view and manipulate the digital images. The radiologist can adjust brightness and contrast, and zoom in on specific areas to help detect small calcifications and masses that may be signs of early cancer.
- Saves time
- Reduces need for retakes
- Images are easily stored and transferred electronically
- Better for women with dense breast tissue
- A physician referral is needed to schedule an appointment. Please contact your primary care physician or insurance plan if you have any questions about your coverage.
- Your test will be performed by a licensed mammographer and an on-site radiologist will examine the x-rays for abnormalities.
- Your physician will receive a detailed report of the exam and you will receive a report of the findings in the mail.
Locations for Digital Mammography
Women's Imaging Center
78 Medical Center Dr
Fishersville, VA 22939
Staunton Outpatient Center/Urgent Care
851 Statler Blvd
Staunton, VA 24401
Stuart's Draft Outpatient Center/ Urgent Care
2570 Stuarts Draft Hwy
Stuarts Draft, VA 24477