2019-2020 Strategic Funding Cycle will open on September 2, 2019. More details will be available soon.
Augusta Health's mission—to promote the health and well-being of our community through access to excellent care—is one that requires collaboration and partnership.
We realize a healthy community results from the efforts of many organizations with harmonious missions, and through our funding, provide collaborative support to these agencies. Since 2007, Augusta Health has awarded $1.17 million in funding to local community organizations.
Dear Community Partner:
Augusta Health will offer funding opportunities for programs focused on the priority areas of need identified in the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA). Augusta Health's Board of Directors and its Community Partnership Committee oversees the funding process and approves funding recommendations as part of its overall focus on community health improvement.
Programs with intended outcomes in the following priority areas will be considered:
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Behavioral Health (including Substance Abuse)
- Social Determinants of Health (ex. access to healthcare services, low income individuals, public safety, etc.)
In addition to serving the residents of Staunton, Augusta County and Waynesboro and the surrounding area, organizations eligible for community health improvement funding, must have a:
- Demonstrated core competency in a priority area of focus listed above and/or a focus on a social determinant of health that will benefit a vulnerable population
- Program that is ready for implementation in January 2020, and includes an evaluation method for measurable, outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of an evidence-based program; funds awarded must be spent in Calendar Year 2020
- Track record of consistent, demonstrated outcomes following program implementation, as well as grant report compliance
- Designation as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, or serve as a public agency; organization can demonstrate a track record of viability and success
**High priority will be given to collaborative programs involving multiple organizations and intended to make a significant impact on the area of identified need. A final report on use of grant dollars is required by December 18, 2020.
Applications are available through Smarter Select and must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Monday, September 30, 2019.
The application can be found at: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/59216-Augusta-Health
For technical questions about the submission, please contact Emily Campbell at (540) 332-4190 or ecampbell3 [at] augustahealth.com.
Funding decisions will be announced by December 31, 2019.
We look forward to working with all of you this year to improve the health of our community.
Burnie Powers, Chair
Community Partnership Committee