Strategic Funding Grants
We welcome additional requests for partnerships with organizations that focus on the following areas of need identified in the most recent Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA).
- Access to Healthcare
- Behavioral Health (including Substance Abuse)
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
In addition to serving the residents of Staunton, Augusta County, Waynesboro and the surrounding area, organizations eligible for community health improvement funding, must have:
- Demonstrated core competency in a priority area of focus listed above
- A program that is ready for implementation in January 2023, and includes an evaluation method for measurable outcomes to demonstrate the effectiveness of an evidence-based program; funds awarded must be spent in Calendar Year 2023.
- A track record of consistent, demonstrated outcomes following program implementation, as well as grant report compliance
- Photos of the funded program to be used on Augusta Health’s social media platforms
- Designation as a 501(c)3 nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, or serve as a public agency; organization can demonstrate a track record of viability and success
Augusta Health’s Board of Directors and its Community Partnership Committee oversees the funding process and approves funding recommendations as part of its overall focus on community health improvement. See our current funding recipients here.
High priority is given to collaborative programs involving multiple organizations and intended to make a significant impact on the area of identified need.
Grant applications can range from $2,500-$25,000. Funding progress reports are required in June and December of each grant cycle.
Applications are available through Smarter Select starting August 15, 2022 and must be submitted by 11:59 pm on September 15th. Follow this link to access the application: https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/81028
Funding decisions will be announced by December 31, 2022.
We look forward to working with all of you this year to improve the health of our community.