The health and safety of Augusta Health's patients and team members are our top priorities. We continue to update visitation guidelines based on the needs of our community. Beginning Tuesday, March 16, 2021 Augusta Health will be operating under modified visitation for inpatient units, procedural areas, and emergency department, based on the guidelines below.
All Visitors and Designated Support Persons Will:
- Be screened for COVID-19 symptoms each visit.
- Be symptom-free before entering Augusta Health facilities.
- Wear a mask before entering the facility and for the duration of the visit.
- Perform hand hygiene at entry and when leaving or entering a patient's room.
- Practice social distancing.
- Limit going and coming from a patient's room.
- Limit movement within the facility.
Designated Support Persons (DSP):
Patients with a disability may appoint a DSP to assist them for the duration of their stay, 24 hours a day. If the DSP does not meet the required screening and safety standards in this policy, the patient may appoint another DSP.
Updated Visitation Policy:
In addition to the DSP guidelines stated above, the following guidelines apply to Visitors:
- Inpatient Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Inpatient units: One adult visitor at a time is permitted at the patient's bedside.
- Inpatient procedural areas: One adult visitor at a time is permitted at the patient's bedside.
- Outpatient procedural areas: One visitor is permitted prior to the procedure. During the procedure, visitors cannot wait in the hospital and are requested to wait at home, outside the hospital, or in their automobile.
- Emergency Department: One visitor (or DSP) is permitted at all times.
Exceptions to the Visitation Policy:
- Patients at the end of life: Two visitors may visit for the duration of the admission, 24 hours a day.
- Labor and Delivery: One DSP may accompany the patient for the duration of the admission, 24 hours a day.
- Pediatric (under 18) Inpatients: Two adult visitors may visit for the duration of the admission, 24 hours a day.
- Patients under investigation for COVID-19 or COVID-19 positive patients: Visitation will be allowed on a case by case basis. Please refer to COVID-19 positive visitation policy for further guidance.
- Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF): Visitation by appointment only.
- Patients needing extensive teaching for post-discharge care or making critical care planning decisions: Two visitors (or one visitor and one DSP) may be present during this teaching or planning visit.
- Outpatient Clinics / AMG Practices / Urgent Care Centers: Visitors are generally not permitted. One DSP may accompany the patient for the duration of the office visit to support the needs of the patient (e.g., patients with a disability, pediatric patients, when making critical-care planning decisions).
Tobacco Free Campus
We view the hospital as a role model for a healthy environment within our community and wish to provide a healthier environment for everyone who visits the campus. To maintain a tobacco-free environment, we as that you refrain from the use of all tobacco products while on the Augusta Health campus. This includes outpatient facilities, business entities, parking lots, and on sidewalks adjacent to Augusta Health property. Read more about being Tobacco Free and view the Tobacco Free policy.