The health and safety of Augusta Health’s patients and team members are our top priorities. We continue to update visitation guidelines based on the needs of our community.
Augusta Health COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions Policy (Lower Risk)
Effective: July 11, 2022 (8:00 AM) – Hospital, Outpatient Procedures, Emergency Department, and AMG Clinics.
Augusta Health recognizes that visits from family and friends are important to our patients. However, visitation restrictions are still necessary at this time to protect our patients, team members, and community. This policy is reviewed on a regular basis and changes are made in accordance to local prevalence rates.
All non-COVID patients admitted to Augusta Health are permitted to have two (2) WELL adult visitors at a time from 8am-8pm. WELL minor visitors (under 18 years of age) are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult.
Augusta Health has established exceptions for certain patient populations and circumstances:
- Patients at the End of Life: Patient may have two (2) adult visitors/support persons at a time, 24/7.
- Patients Giving Birth: During labor, patient may have two (2) adult support persons. After delivery, patient may have two (2) adult visitors/support persons at a time from 8am-8pm and one (1) adult may stay with the patient from 8pm-8am (24/7).
- Pediatric (under age 18) Patients: Patient may have two (2) adult visitors/support persons at a time, 24/7.
- Patients with Disabilities: Patient may have two (2) adult visitors/support persons at a time from 8am-8pm and one (1) adult may stay with the patient from 8pm-8am (24/7).
- Skilled Nursing Facility Patients: Visitors are allowed, 24/7 (per 11/12/21 CMS guidelines).
- One (1) clergy member may visit in addition to any visitors/support persons.
*Patients or visitors may also speak to their care team if they have questions about the visitation
policy or exceptions.
Visitors and designated support persons are subject to the following requirements:
- Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Be screened for COVID-19 symptoms each visit.
- Be WELL and symptom-free before entering Augusta Health facilities.
- Wear a mask at all times while in the facility, in the hallway, etc. (2 years of age and up).
- Perform hand hygiene at entry and when leaving or entering a patient’s room.
- Practice social distancing.
- Limit unnecessary entering into and exiting from a patient’s room.
- Limit unnecessary movement throughout the facility.
- Adhere to all isolation precautions.