Dr. Turza has an interest in advanced laparoscopy for gastrointestinal surgery; procedures for fecal incontinence (ie. sacral nerve stimulator); TAMIS (Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery); surgery for inflammatory bowel disease and functional bowel disorders, anal, rectal and colon cancer; breast cancer; laparoscopic surgery for hernias and biliary disease; endoscopy and colonoscopy.
Dr. Turza enjoys spending time with her husband and children, playing tennis, going on hikes, and studying American history.
|Undergraduate School||Columbia University|
|Medical School||George Washington University School of Medicine|
|Residency||University of Virginia|
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award, Gold Humanism Honor Society, UVA Chapter, 2013
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Award for Excellence in Translational Basic Science Research, MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2010
- Curtis G. Tribble Award for Resident Teaching, UVA, 2009
While every attempt is made to ensure this information is up to date, please check with this office for current insurance plan participation.
- America’s Choice Provider Network (ACPN)
- Anabaptist Healthshare
- Magellan Complete Care
- Molina Healthcare (Medicare/Medicaid)
- Sentara Optima
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- VA Choice
- Virginia Health Network
- Virginia Premier