Augusta Health offers comprehensive acute inpatient rehabilitation. Specialized programs are available to treat patients meeting the requirements of rehabilitative services.
Full rehabilitation services include:
- Physician Follow-up
- 24 Hour Rehabilitative Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Neuropsychology & Cognitive Therapy
- Case Management
- Social Work
Features of the inpatient unit include an apartment to practice daily living skills prior to discharge, a therapy gymnasium for exercises, aquatic therapy pool, community room, outdoor patio for activities such as gardening, and spacious inpatient rooms.
Which patients are best suited for
the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit?
Patients with neurological illnesses such as stroke, spinal cord or brain injury, major trauma, or movement disorders are best suited for the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
The recovery aspects of a patient's stroke symptoms are considered at the beginning of the hospitalization along with the diagnostic testing and medical treatment. Early initiation of these processes helps patients and their families.
The Augusta Health Inpatient Rehabilitation facility is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals. It features a team approach to rehabilitative care, where patients can expect:
- A physician directed rehabilitation team. Our physicians are rehab specialized with quality medical management experience. The rehabilitation patient and family members are key members of the interdisciplinary team.
- A minimum of 15 hours of therapy per week, seven days a week. Therapy includes traditional rehabilitation interventions along with creative and innovative programs in education, community re-entry, home evaluation, aquatic therapy, and animal assisted therapy.
- Continued care after discharge. Augusta Health offers outpatient rehabilitation services, home health services, access to durable medical equipment, and active support groups.