Helping you meet the social and personal problems associated with illness and disability.
Our Social Work Services want to assist you and your family in meeting the social and personal problems associated with illness or disability. Our social workers cannot provide a "cure" but aim to help you and your family with your special needs. Augusta Health provides these services at no cost.
We can help you and your family in many ways
- Nursing Home and Adult Home Placement
- Home Health Referrals
- Medicare/Medicaid Information
- Medical Equipment
- Home Sitters/Companions
- Referrals to Community Services such as Hospice, Physicians, Meals-On-Wheels, Aging Services
Support and Counseling
- Do you have questions about your care at home?
- Do you have questions about community services that may be available to you?
- Do you have questions about how you will pay for health care and/or medications?
- Are you or your family feeling overwhelmed or stressed by the task of obtaining caregivers/services or providing care?
- Are you or your family having difficulty coping with stress related to your illness and the changing roles your illness requires you and your family to make?
- Do you have questions about or would you like to establish an advanced directive/living will?
- Do you need help finding a suitable living situation to meet your needs?
- Will you have special nursing equipment needs when you go home?