About Augusta Health
Nestled in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Augusta Health is among the finest community hospitals in America. Our patients receive an exceptional level of care, reassured that their loved ones and visitors have many amenities available within the hospital so they can all be comfortable while staying close during difficult times.
Augusta Health opened in 1994 to continue a tradition of personalized care with small-town hospitality that began more than 50 years ago with predecessor hospitals in Staunton and Waynesboro, Virginia. Today, our highly trained physicians and staff use state-of-the-art technology to provide superlative care with warmth and compassion.
If you are a dedicated healthcare professional, you will find exciting career opportunities at Augusta Health. If you are a resident of Augusta County or surrounding areas, you can benefit from a variety of programs we host to promote good health in the communities we serve.
- 255 beds
- 200 active physicians
- 2,100+ employees
- 280 volunteers
- 61,000+ emergency visits each year
- 11,000+ admissions each year
- 1,200+ babies delivered each year
- 700 new cancer patients in 2015
- 246,000+ outpatient visits to Augusta Medical Group clinics each year
- 401,000+ other Outpatient Registrations each year (this includes Home Health, Laboratory, Outpatient Surgery, Imaging, etc.)