New health coverage for adults
Beginning January 1, 2019, more adults living in Virginia will have access to quality, low-cost health insurance. Starting November 1, Virginians aged 19-64 with incomes up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) can submit an application to get the health care they need so they don’t have to worry about getting sick or having an accident.
How to Apply for Coverage
- Call the Cover Virginia Call Center at 1-(855)242-8282 (TDD: 1-(888) 221-1590). Apply on the phone Monday – Friday: 8:00am to 7:00pm and Sat: 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Complete an online application at Common Help: www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Complete an online application at The Health Insurance Marketplace: www.healthcare.gov
- Mail or drop off a paper application (Spanish) to your local Department of Social Services (Mailing may take longer than other methods of applying). Find your nearest local department of social services by visiting: http://www.dss.virginia.gov/localagency/
- Call the Virginia Department of Social Services Enterprise Call Center at 1-(855) 635-4370 (If you also want to apply for other benefits)