The Wound Healing Clinic provides a comprehensive treatment regimen for chronic, non-healing wounds.
Helping ease patients back into independent living.
The Augusta Health skilled nursing unit provides round-the-clock nursing and rehabilitative services to patients on a short-term or long-term basis. Our interdisciplinary team consists of a medical director, nursing staff, dieticians, social work and therapy.
- A semi-private room, shared with other patients
- Meals and nutritional counseling
- Rehabilitative services related to your health goals, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and respiratory therapy Medication
- Skilled nursing care
- Medical social services
- Medical supplies
Medicare will cover admission if:
- You have Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) with days left in your benefit period. A benefit period begins the day you’re admitted to a hospital or a skilled nursing facility and ends 60 days after the end of your stay.
- You have a qualifying hospital stay. This generally means you must have experienced at least three inpatient days in a hospital.
- Your doctor believes you require skilled nursing care daily. This care must be given under the supervision of skilled nurses and therapists and must be directly related to a condition treated during your qualifying hospital stay.